Friday, October 10, 2008

Grateful

I was washing my hair yesterday and I was just thinking about my life. (Why I was thinking about my life while washing my hair, I'll never know.) And it dawned on me just how blessed I am. I just have so much to be grateful for. Sometimes I just get so distracted by the pain in my back, that I forget to look around me and see all the good things in my life.

1. I have an amazing husband who is awesome! He has a great job that he enjoys most of the time :-D. And he hasn't crashed a car in over 7 years! LOL, sorry Steve, just had to add that.



2. Eric is doing so well in Junior High, and he is just happy, which is a relief! He is moving right along to be an eagle scout soon. And he loved learning how to waterski this summer.


3. Allen is doing much better in school this year. He remembers to bring home his homework! YEA! And, BONUS, he actually has been turning it in too! Allen also did very well in flag football this year, but he looks forward to being old enough to play tackle. LOL
4. Ryan just loves Kindergarten. His speech has improved a ton! And his reading lessons are going really well. And he just lost his very first tooth!

All the kids are healthy, and other than my stupid back, our whole family is doing really well. I guess when people are so stressed out about the stock market and such, it's nice to look at the wonderful blessings you have, and be grateful for them.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That was such a great one Christine! Sometimes we get so wrapped up in things we "have" to do that it's good to remember that we are blessed to be able to do them!