Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our First Cruise!



I haven't blogged about the cruise yet, because there is just so much to write about! I could write an entire novel about all the crazy stuff we did while on the cruise. But that would be just too much. So I'll try to write the reader's digest version of it. We went with Kathy, Todd, Jeanie, Trent, Danny, Emily, Sherry, Brandon, Mark and Timmy on a 7 day Mexico cruise. It couldn't have been better!


These were taken on our first "formal night". I can't even begin to describe all the crazy dinner conversations that were had at those tables! We did, however, make a shortcut to describe what we were going to order. For example, a 2-1-2, meant - I ordered 2 appetisers, 1 main meal and 2 desserts. The amount of food that was ordered was crazy! Our group was usually one of the very last to be done. Our poor waiter worked his tail off on us.


Our first port was Puerto Vallarta. Steve, Todd, Tim and Mark all went Scuba diving. So the rest of us went on a little adventure. We took city buses all over the place and ended up at Mismoya Beach. There were a lot of vendors there, so it was really hard to relax! The best part, was the crazy bus ride back! Our bus had doors that wouldn't shut, a baby shoe tied to the roof, and the driver was driving like a total maniac! It was hilarious!


We had towel creations on our bed every night. But this one kind of freaked me out! It looked like a ninja monkey to me. What do you think?

Our next port was Matzatlan. Steve and I went to Deer Island, which is a nature preserve. It was really pretty. We started with a hike, then we kayaked around the island. I learned one important lesson while there. I not only back seat drive, I front steer kayak too! Seriously, what is wrong with me? I got so annoyed with Steve's steering of the kayak when we got a little off the path. I'm crazy, what can I say!

New Year's Eve was such a blast! After dinner we went to the show, then goofed around until the big party! And we danced all over that lido deck and had so much fun. I'm not sure why Kathy wasn't in the all girl picture. Maybe she has one with all 5 girls.

Our final port, was one of my favorites. Cabo San Lucas! We took a water taxi to "Lover's Beach". When we first got there, it wasn't crowded at all. And there were only a couple of vendors, who were not pushy at all. So it was my favorite beach. Steve and Mark decided to do some freestyle rock climbing. Which in my opinion was just crazy and stupid, but oh well. At least they both lived. But I must say, Steve did get some good shots from the top. And I just loved that Mark had to borrow my pink tennis shoes to go climbing!


3 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Sounds like the best vacation ever! I love all the pix. You look gorgeous. How were the kids while you were gone?

C Schultz said...

Thanks Vanessa! The kids were fine. They stayed at 3 different places in those 7 days. Thankfully, my family lives pretty close together in Lancaster and Palmdale.

Kerry Schultz said...

BEAUTIFUL PIX! Looks like SO MUCH FUN :)!