The final stretch of our epic drive was alright. Most of it was quite uneventful, but then I fell asleep in the back. Which was good except the fact that we were going over the Appalachian mountains. I woke up feeling pretty bad. So I had to go back up to the front and suck it up. About an hour or so out of DC we hit the traffic heading back after the Memorial Day Weekend. OUCH! It added at least half an hour to last bit of the drive. That turned out to be pretty bad because by then we were all getting a little grouchy, OK, maybe not a little, more like a lot. But we finally made it to the new house.
Now this is where things get bad. We get to the house and Steve goes over to the A/C and turns it on. It was seiously muggy and 85 degrees inside. It was hard to get everything unloaded from the van and get things organized because it was just so dang hot. After an hour, it was still 85 and humid. The A/C was not working at all. It was too late at night to call the landlords, so we just tried to go to bed. I got maybe 3 -4 hours of sleep tops!
When we woke this morning, it had dropped a whole 1 degree. That's right, 6:15 am and it's still 84 degree's inside and I was NOT happy! We sent the landlord's an email, and they came over at about 8:15 to try to fix it. They worked on it for a little while, then they decided to call a professional. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. At least they let us borrow a big fan until it gets fixed. That's better than nothing!
1 comment:
Oh I hope you get the AC fixed! Good luck!
Post a Comment