So, yesterday we had planned on going over to Kathy's for dinner. About 2:30, I got a really bad headache! I had to take medicine and lay down. Then at about 6:15 I was starting to feel slightly better, so I decided I should go ahead and comb my hair, and put on a little makeup. I didn't feel like changing out of my sweats, and I figured I'm only going over to Kathy's, and Tim and Megan will be there, so who cares if I'm wearing my old sweats. I head over there with Steve since the kids left before us. We enter the house, and SURPRISE!!!! Everyone was there, balloons, presents and a big dinner. After I picked up my jaw from off of the floor, I thought, dang, why didn't I change my clothes! HAHA. That was not the end of the surprises. So I noticed Kathy was trying to hurry me up with dinner and presents, which I thought was a little funny. Then I opened the present from Todd and Kathy, and found out why. They had gotten us a hotel room up in Park City, for that night! So we had to hurry home, pack and head out. Kathy watched our kids and we got to take off and have a great night.
So, when we checked in, I was just very confused. The man at the front desk handed us a card and told us to pick what we wanted... And I was like HUH? It said, soda or water, crackers and cheese, pretzels and fruit... etc.. And I must have looked like an idiot because I didn't understand why we were getting this stuff. He then explained it was because Todd is a platinum Marriott member. And then he said we needed to use our room card in the elevator to access our floor because it was a secure floor. Seriously cool! And we had access to the lounge with free food in the morning. Sweet!
Today after we enjoyed being extremely lazy in the morning, we headed over to the Tanger Outlet Mall, which is HUGE! It was snowing and really windy, so it was rather humorous. My hair looked crazy because of the weather (wind, snow and a perm is a bad combo!). Then we had some pretty good Mexican food and headed home. What a great birthday surprise! Seriously, I don't think I've ever had a surprise party! It was so much fun!
1 comment:
Sounds like it was a blast! Happy late Birthday!!
Post a Comment