Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting Desperate

OK, so here is what I'm thinking. For the sake of my back, and my self-esteem, I have got to start losing weight. My first obstacle is my really bad back. I'm in physical therapy, and I'm doing fairly well at it, but it still limits me some. Second obstacle, big ole cortisone shots. I've had three rounds of them in 6 weeks. And I know that will make losing weight a major challenge. So obviously, I'll have to continue my work with the physical therapist, but that still leaves my diet up for grabs.

Now as far as diets go, I can not eat all that pre-packaged crap, it just makes me gag. I am in a dinner group, which means, I have dinners brought to me every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.... just the main dish. Which is WONDERFUL, yet it leaves me unable to know the nutritional content of my meals. Most of the things they bring are fairly healthy.

OK, so there it is! How on earth do I even go about getting a handle on this with my crazy life? Any good idea's anyone? And Blake...... watch yourself! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that I have been doing Weight Watchers and it has worked wonders for me. I have now lost 82.3 pounds. If you have any more questions for me just give me a call at 661-728-0750. Becky

Ukulele Blake said...

So when you say your having trouble with your "back"side...OK I'll stop before I even get started.
As far as how to lose the weight.... lets sing a little song.

DON'T "DO AS I'M DOING,
DON'T follow follow me,

DON'T Eat as I'm Eating,
DON'T Eat it just like me.

DO NOT eat it fast just slow,
DO NOT eat it with O-R-E-O

DON'T "DO AS I'M DOING,
DON'T follow follow me.

Ukulele Blake said...

Hey whats with the Comment Moderation... is that so you can edit my comment....Darn!

C Schultz said...

I LOVE the song Blake! That's great!

Kerry Schultz said...

I wish I had the magic answer. When you find it - will you share it with me :)!!! Are you having any luck? I had lost 20, gained 20, now I'm back down about 5 - ugh! Constant battle for all of us and it sucks. You and your back - me and my foot - sucks getting old and falling apart ;-)! I think Mom, Dad & Lori have recently joined Weight Watchers too.