Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Klutz.....

Well, it's official, I'm a klutz and totally falling apart. On Saturday I went to the ward camp out, the boys all spent the night, but I just came up Saturday morning. They split everyone into teams like the Olympics, so I was in Russia. Then they set up crazy and silly pseudo Olympic games, some that involved Cheetos and shaving cream. LOL.... It would have been great had I not participated in the tug of war.

Now before you go...... with your back??? Let me explain, I warned my team I couldn't really help much, but they needed another person. So when the pulling began, all I was willing to do was grab the rope and just lean back. All was well until the other team lurched and we were pulled forward, that's when my ankle got caught in a small hole and twisted, and a creepy pop sound happened. Well, that's when I went to the ground.

It seems I ripped a tendon in my ankle, which makes it so I can't walk right. Which in turn made my back really start to hurt. Then after a few days of that, my knee on the opposite leg has started to hurt, because I am using that leg for almost everything. HOLY COW! It sucks getting old! Can't I just get a new body? One that is preferably skinny?

1 comment:

Kerry Schultz said...

OMG Christine! I think we're all a bunch of clutches. I think we should all invest in some bubble wrap and be done with it ;-) hehe! For the torn tendon, did they cast or splint it or give you crutches to use or anything?