Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Trick or Treat for me ;-D


Kathy, my sister in law and neighbor totally rocks! She gave me a GU to try for my run, and it totally worked. So today she went to the runner's corner to get more gel's for herself, and picked me up a ton of different things to try. When she picked up such a variety, the clerk made a funny comment about trick or treating! This may sound really strange, but I am so excited to run tomorrow and try one of these! It's like I can just surprise myself in the morning and pick a new one.

3 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

I LOVE the Cliff Blocks! Also, try the Chocolate Outrage GU sometime. It tastes like an uncooked brownie. I know, sounds gross -- but it is strangely tasty!

Karina said...

My favorite of those are the blocks and moons. However I do pretty well with solids in my stomach before a run. As far as the "gu" types my favorite is Apple cinnamon-it tastes like the apple pies from McDonald's. I am glad these are working for you! Are you training for something? Miss talking to you.

C Schultz said...

Thanks Vanessa for the tip, I'll have to try the chocolate one. And yes Karina, I'm going to try to run a 5K. With my back, it's going to be a major challenge. I can only train if I follow strict guildines from my doctor. Which means, it will take me many more months to work up to 3 miles!

For example : I was totally stoked to run Saturday morning, but my back would not allow it. So, that slows me down a lot. :-( But, I'm not going to give up!