Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eric's Eagle Project


Eric decided many months ago to do his eagle project with Primary Children's Medical Center. He wanted to make fleece blankets for the children there. Primary Children's gives fleece blankets to children who are staying in the hospital. Then, if they want to keep them, they can. If not, they clean them and give them to the next child.

Eric just didn't seem to be making any progress on his project, so I enlisted the absolute best help I could think of. My mother-in-law, Susie Schultz! I told her that Eric needed help to get the project rolling and boy did she come through! She whipped him right into shape, and helped him understand what to do, and she stood over him till he did it. It was fantastic!

Here are a few pictures along the way.





On May 10th, Susie, Eric and myself drove up to Salt Lake to deliver the blankets. The lady that coordinates Eagle projects (isn't it amazing that they have a position for that!), Maria, said that they had just gotten a call the day before that a department was running out, and needed more of these blankets. It was a very exciting day!

Then, on May 13th, he went to the Eagle Scout Board of Review and passed!!!!! As long as all the paperwork has been done correctly, we should hear back from National in 6-8 weeks. Then he will be an official EAGLE SCOUT! I am so proud of him.
Just FYI, I am planning on doing his Eagle Court of Honor August 21st. I'll let everyone know all the details, as soon as I can get it planned.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

That is so awesome!! Congratulations!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Congrats to Eric for a job well done! What a relief, eh?! Love your Mother's Day cards!!

Karina said...

Wow congrats to Eric!! Great job!!