Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yummy!

I was talking to Andrea this morning and she wanted me to post this recipe. We had it last night for dessert. And the kids said it was the best dessert we have had in a long time!

WARNING: It's almost impossible to eat only one piece!

Upside Down Berry Cake

1/2 c. chopped nuts (I used pecans, and only put it on half, because the kids don't like nuts)
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1 c. fresh or frozen raspberries
1 c. sliced fresh strawberries
1 pkg (3 oz.) raspberry jello (I only used 1/2 of the pkg and it was wonderful)
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
1 pkg yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. water
2 T. canola oil

In a greased 13"x 9" dish, layer the walnuts and berries: sprinkle with gelatin and marshmallows. In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Mix really well. Pour over top.

Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean. Cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter. (I used a cookie sheet). ENJOY!

3 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Thanks for the recipe, Christine! Sounds FABULOUS!! How is your back doing? Miss ya!

C Schultz said...

My back is not good. We are leaving for DC at the end of the month. So I'll try to get in to see a spinal surgeon when we get back. I'm not sure if surgery will help or not. I've got to do more research. But I have to wait to find out anyway. I miss you too!

Trisha said...

Mmmmmm...that sounds really good. I will try it after we get home. I like berry desserts for the 4th of July.

I really hope your back gets taken care of. I wish you didn't have to wait til after DC.