I have no idea why I just have not been very motivated to keep this up to date. I'll just blame it on the hot humid weather, since it's the root of all evil. LOL
Anyway, the fourth of July was pretty cool. Steve's work (NRL) opened up the pier for families to watch the firework show. It is across the Potomac from the Mall. One funny thing..... the security guard asked me if I had a drivers licence, and I said yes, then he looked away, so I started to drive. He stopped me, and said, can I see it? LOL..... I started laughing so hard. He said, it's like, if I ask you if you are a terrorist, I'm sure you would say no, but we have to still check. hee hee hee. Major blond moment!
(my camera didn't take very good pictures)
We were pretty far from the actual firework area, but it was still cool to watch it. However, I never realized that part of the fun of fireworks, is all of the sounds that they make. We could hardly hear any of it. :-( But, driving home made up for that in a big way! In DC, they have firework shows EVERYWHERE!!!!! Along the freeway, there were fireworks going off in just about every direction! And I am not even exaggerating! Many of them were really close to the actual freeway. A ton of cars were actually parked in the emergency lane of the freeway, and people were just watching them. Not exactly a safe thing to do, but I could see why they wanted to.
I have loved the visitors we have gotten! In mid June, my nephew Shad came for a 3 week stay. My sister Andrea came in July for a week. And Kathy, and Tayson came for a few days (to see Todd mostly), but we got to see them too. It's kept me from getting too homesick. But now that everyone has left, I want to take off too. We are leaving next Tuesday, for our 5 day cross country adventure. I hope it's fun and the van holds up.
(my camera didn't take very good pictures)
(Ryan, Andrea, Eric and Steve)
(And the rest of the gang, Allen and Shad)
1 comment:
Scott always talks about the Forth of July in DC when he was growing up. It seemed like a big deal to his family too. Almost as much as Christmas. It's one of my favorite holidays!
Post a Comment