
We were very lucky to be let into the White House this year. We called our Representatives office and found out that a group had just canceled, so we were able to fill their spots. But we still had to submit our SS numbers, so they could do background checks etc. There were two bad things about going in however. First, you can not bring a purse, backpack or anything like that. And no camera's were allowed. So, the entire day I had to go around without a camera or anything that I would have liked to have out of my purse. Annoying. Secondly, they didn't have anyone explain anything about the White House on the tour. I love hearing all the history, but you don't get it by going on one of these tours. They do have guards in each room, and they will answer a question if you have one. But, I was a little disappointed. The picture was taken by Shad's phone when we got out of the building.
The best tour ever, was of the Capital Building. We had to meet at Rep. Chaffetz's office, where we were able to leave our backpack and my purse. His interns are so nice! Anyway, one of the interns, took us over and we were there for several hours. I learned so much! It was really fun. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone coming to DC to call their Representative and arrange for one of the tours!
The star on the floor is apparently the center of Washington DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment