This was a great plan, but mother nature had a little something up her sleeve. The day that Andrea and I had our tour, it was 102 degrees! Add the humidity, and it was just about unbearable. So I drank plenty of water, and half way through the tour I bought an ice cold pepsi, to keep me going. Andrea did point out that I had a major wardrobe malfunction! I was wearing these tan capri's. And I was sweating like a pig! Seriously! But since the capri's were very loose in the waist, all of my sweat was dripping down, down down. I ended up looking like I had had a bladder accident. Oh yea, I totally looked like I had peed my pants! I really wanted to enjoy the segway tour and not be self-conscience of my wardrobe problem. So I just kept telling myself, I will never see any of these people again, so I just don't give a crap. That mantra helped me quite a lot.
They had to teach everyone how to ride them, so they had us practice in an alley. We looked so funny on our little parade of the newbies. But it was better that we practiced there before we were let loose on the streets of downtown DC!
The sun was slow to go down because it was in July, so when we ended our tour, it was still too bright for all the the lights to illuminate the buildings. Too bad, but at least we had fun.
1 comment:
We saw these everywhere when we were there. I just laughed at
everyone:)You have to admit it looks kind of silly. But fun too.
Post a Comment