Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Williamsburg & Jamestown

I have been procrastinating my blog update, so I'll just add the last weeks at DC.


We had a trip planned to Jamestown and Williamsburg so we could see the first cities in the colonies. But the morning we were suppose to leave my back decided to completely flip out. I could barely walk across the room. So I couldn't go with them. I was really sad, but they said that they had fun there.

Their absolute favorite thing in the two days they were there was stomping around in the mud, making bricks. They are constantly doing restoration to the buildings, and they use the bricks that they make the old fashioned way to do it. They also make everything there using the techniques they used back then. It sounds very cool.

1 comment:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Wow! What a trip! I LOVE the Segway writeup! Soooo funny. At least your "bladder problem" was really sweat :) I can't say the same for me these days. Ha!