Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back problems suck :-(

Well, I've been MIA since late Friday night. I played volleyball on Wednesday night, and my back was pretty sore, but I played again on Friday and BAMMMM! Saturday I woke up and couldn't even turn over. Full blown back spasm from H***. I haven't had my back go out that bad in quite a while. Today is the first day I've been able to sit totally upright. And I even left the house for a little bit.

I injured my back a few times when I was a teenager. And now I have permanent back problems. Since this is a lifelong issue I have, my children get endless lectures about it. I'm always telling them to be careful not to hurt their back, because they will pay for it for the rest of their lives if they do. A little dramatic, but it's true.

The worst part is that for at least a month or so, I can not play volleyball. I have to get the swelling down in my back, and do a ton of rehab to make it stronger. I am on a co-ed team with Steve this year, and have been having a blast. But, this last episode has stopped all my fun. I'm not happy about it! But I try to look at the positive side, and just be grateful that I'm able to walk right now.

No comments: