Thursday, April 17, 2008

Saturday night disaster

Well, I flew in from California on Saturday morning. But since I hadn't slept well the previous 3 nights and was totally exhausted, I had to take a nap once I got home. So I think I fell asleep for 2-3 hours. It's a little hazy at this point. LOL. Well, then at 5:30 we were hosting a dinner party for Steve's students. I was a little stressed about it since I just got home. But he really did all of the work, so it wasn't too bad. Then, when the other professor got to our house, he needed to heat up the french bread. I turned on the oven, and then... BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. The oven went berserk. It wouldn't heat up and the oven panel was flashing an F1 code (whatever that means). So I have a house full of people and no oven... YIKES.. But I must admit, I did come up with a clever solution. I turned on the grill outside and we heated it up in there. Worked great, except the bread tasted like BBQ a little bit. :-)

So then I found out that the self-clean feature burned out the control panel on our oven and it would cost a fortune to fix. So I had to start doing research to find a good replacement. And I spent like 3 days looking at consumer reports, and all the major range manufacturers websites. Too many choices!

No comments: