Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation Finale

Well, I have to add a few things. First of all, one quick funny story.... Ryan kept saying, "why is everything dead here?"

We could not convince him that the joshua trees were either trees, or alive. He just wouldn't believe us, he just kept saying that everything was dead.

Next we have the thank Andrea!!!!!! She got us into Disneyland in the summer.... something she is understandably adverse to doing. And she got us into the hotel for free as well. Plus she let us infiltrate her usually quiet home. And the only reason you see me in any of the photos is because she became our personal family photographer. Thank a ton Andrea!

In closing, I just thought I'd add a few photos of the last day before we left, and one at Danny's house where we were able to stay. Thanks Danny!

3 comments:

Kerry Schultz said...

OMG - that is so funny (the everything is dead comment). I always think it's ugly here. But, you get people from out of town (that don't have to live in this crazy hot, windy, etc... place) that think the desert is a beautiful place. I guess I've been here too long. I'm with Ryan - alot of times everything just looks dead. But, the poppy season is nice :) (except for the allergies that is)!

C Schultz said...

I always loved the poppy season, but that's about it. :-)

jbaccus said...

I have to agree about the day time and hot summers. The wind 'blows' and feels like a furnace during the summer. The one thing I do like in the summer is right around sunset, especially when we get the full moon that is the huge orange ball on the horizon. That with a 'dead' jashuaha tree silhouetted is very cool. Still trying to get a photo timed just right for that. Maybe at the end of July during the next full moon. But one thing about being in the AV, it is only about 1 to 2 hours to just about any kind of climate and even in the same day if you were so inclined. But then Valencia would be a nicer place to actually live though ;-)