Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I've been a slacker!



Well, the kids are now out of school, and I've been really lazy with my blogging. I wish I could say I have a really good excuse, but I don't. Allen just finished 3rd grade and Eric finished 6th. I am freaking out about the fact that Eric will start Jr. High in the fall. Not so much freaking out that he is that old, but rather, I'm old enough to have a kid in Jr. High. LOL... It's all about me I guess. :-)

And honestly, I just had a bit of a hard time since my last visit with my back doctor. He told me I'm developing some nerve damage in my leg because of my back problem. The bad thing is that the nerve testing can't be done until the 18th, so I've just been on pins and needles. I'll find out on the 19th, if it's safe to do physical therapy, or I'll need to have surgery.... YIKES. Back surgery is my ultimate nightmare! Until then, I'm not allowed to jump, run, walk hard --- aka no exercise walking, no elliptical trainer, no lifting heavy objects.... In other words, I'm suppose to be a couch potato... NOT FUN!

2 comments:

Ukulele Blake said...

Christine,. I've been on that Couch potato program for years...and LOVE IT. but it does cause growth problem!!!!!

Kerry Schultz said...

Good luck with the back stuff. Man - don't you wish you would have taken it a little easier when you were younger?! I'm always telling Trevor to be careful and he thinks I'm just being paranoid (which is probably partially true). But, there's something to doing damage to your body that can't be reversed.

You're freaking out about Eric going to Jr High - what about Trevor being an upperclassman now :)! I can't believe he's driving and only has 2 more years of high school. It's so weird now when he's like "can I go to a friends house" and he can drive himself there :)! But, a bonus, I can also ask him to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home and he still thinks it's fun. I have to enjoy that while it lasts!