Ryan had a "transportation" parade at preschool. All of the kids were so cute. I asked Ryan what he wanted me to make for him, and he said a plane. Well, last year our attempts at making a plane didn't work out so well. It was too heavy and bulky, so half way through the parade, he threw it off. So we had to make something a little better this year.
So it occurred to me, that making a B-2 bomber would be rather simple. So I looked online for good pictures of it, and this is my sorry excuse of a replica. But I showed Ryan some video's of B-2's in action on YouTube, and he loved it! Now all we hear him talk about is his B-2 bomber.
But watching the video of the B-2 in action reminded me when I first saw one. My sister Kerry and I were sunbathing on top of our patio. (We were stupid teenagers, didn't worry about skin cancer.) Anyway, we were up there and I saw the weirdest looking plane ever! To me it looked like some giant bat. When my dad got home from work, I asked him about it, but it was still somewhat classified, so he wouldn't tell me anything. It's a cool plane though. Well, the real one is cool, not so sure about this cardboard one. lol
2 comments:
I vaguely recall getting a camera (probably not the first time we saw it - but later) and going outside to try to take a picture and thinking the chase plane circled around real low and stared us down. I'm pretty sure that's not what was happening - but I remember being scared and thinking we were going to get in trouble for trying to take a picture of it :) hahaha! Kids and their imaginations...
You know Kerry, since you mention it, I do vaguely recall the chase planes.
Post a Comment